Chinese Hat & Dragon Hill
Chinese Hat is a very small volcano close to Santiago Island, surrounded by small spatter cones, that fascinate all the visitors because of its distinctive shape and also because of the Galapagos penguins and hawks. It’s one of the smallest Galapagos Islands. Its tranquil waters allow the tourist to have great snorkeling experiences, where they can observe several tropical fish, sea stars and penguins under water.
After a wonderful lunch on board, we motor over to Dragon Hill, one of the few visitor sites directly related to a conservation program led by the Charles Darwin Foundation and the Galapagos National Park. It was named after the land iguanas, considered the Galápagos’ “dragons”. The population of land iguanas in this area was brought back from near-extinction by the efforts of the Galápagos National Park.
- - Activity level: Moderate
- - Tour style: Hiking & Snorkeling
- - Pick up: 7:00 am
- - Departure & Return location: Hotel
- - Return time: 17:00
- We recommend to bring a small (waterproof) backpack, comfortable walking shoes, sneakers or rubber soles, shorts or light-weight trousers, t-shirts, long and short sleeved shirts, windbreaker, bathing suit, hat or cap, sun block, sunglasses, binoculars & camera.
- - Transportation Hotel-Yacht-Hotel.
- - English speaking guide.
- - Hot lunch on board.
- - Snacks during the day.
- - Water, tea and coffee.
- - Snorkel gear: mask, tube and fins.
- - Towels.
- - Extra soft and alcoholic drinks
- - Tips and extra services.